A computer server used in the home network. Home server is also specific name given to the actual computer system that is running the windows home server operating system. A home server is a computer that functions as a server in a client server home network.
For small networks, a personal-computer works perfectly well for this purpose, provided there is a sufficient storage space on the hard drive, and provided there is the sufficient memory. It is important that internet connection have sufficient bandwidth to handle multiple users concurrently.
Advantages of home server:
- The main advantage of a network is that multiple users can simultaneously interact with each other and share resources for e.g. the internet connection.
- After home network is created, as many wireless devices like laptops and mobile phones can connect to it and more PC’s can also be connected with ease.
- It is easy to create if known how we will be explaining at a later stage just how simple it is showing a step to step guide.
- You can also add devices to the network like a printer. This will allow anyone with the access rights to be able to print a file on any of the computers to the network.
Disadvantages of home server:
- Buying all the equipment required dependent on how many computers will be on the network can be expensive.
- Complete set up of network can be difficult and challenging for people who are computer illiterate.
- Depending upon the network topology type, a broken cable can halt the whole network.
- If the admin of the network does not know about securing the wireless on the router, anyone within range could be stealing the Internet connection and in result potentionally have access to personal data.
- Wireless include the potential for radio interference due to weather.
Leave a Comment