PHP Web Hosting
PHP is very popular scripting language which is designed to develop dynamic web pages. PHP code is embedded in html source of website, and runs on web hosting server rather on browser. So if you look at source code of PHP web page, code which you see is only plain HTML.
PHP is universal scripting language in which websites created using PHP are compatible with very popular mobile devices like iPad and iPhone. Large number of websites like Wikipedia and Facebook both are written in PHP.
Joomla, Drupal and wordpress are the commonly used open source management systems which are being written in PHP. Lots of webmasters choose three platforms to build websites because of flexibility.
There are number of different plugins and themes which are created for all three webmasters and platforms and can be created for professional looking websites based on systems with few clicks. Also these are customized, so webmasters can change coding according to their need.
PHP AND WEB HOSTING
PHP is decoded on hosting server side. Therefore, if website is being written in PHP, this needs to be hosted on the web server which has PHP processor module. It is very important to check with hosting provider if hosting plan you using supports PHP.
Type of PHP Hosting Environment
A developer have choice of development environment, whether it is a simple text editor or IDE hosting service provider offer different environment in which PHP projects are being hosted.
- PHP Cloud Hosting: If you like to host PHP based website on server, virtual or cloud based you will get some combination of PHP with CGI friendly environment. Free SSD make PHP based sites to get faster response of load of 20 times than average.
- PHP Server Hosting: PHP server boast redundantly built, awesome uptime rate guarantee and SLA, performance, privacy, commitment to build custom add ons for extending security, multi tiered network. This hosting is also helpful to manage team’s strength.
Features of PHP Hosting
There are number of hosting features which you can demand from any hosting provider. These features include solid support, trustworthy security measures, variety of customization options and designs, reliable uptime rates. Below are the extra geeky features for developers who develop websites using PHP platform:
- Extensive KB articles for the DIYers
- Apache web server
- Linux / preferred operating system
- Root, SSH, and phpmyadmin access
- Easy customization of php.ini file
- PHP extensions (e.g., PHP-CPP, PHP CAPTCHA, Dispatch, PHP DB Class, etc.)
- Unlimited MySQL databases and guidance for updates
- Up-to-date PHP versions / choice of version / option to use multiple simultaneously