shared hosting – cheap web hosting
With help of shared hosting account, our site will be on a server with hundreds of other web sites. That may sound like a lot, but it normally works out extremely well that is because most sites do not generate enough traffic or use enough resources for it to become a problem.
Shared hosting is appropriate for small businesses, personal sites and even medium sized businesses if their hosting require fit within the parameters of a small business.
Many of shared hosting providers offer significantly more data transfer, disk space and email accounts than most people or businesses need. And shared hosting would not work if every site used their quota.
1) Shared Includes system administration
2) It requires more consistent features to be in place
3) It Consist of control panel system.
4) It is Responsible for managing servers, security updates, installing servers, technical support etc.
5) Based on Linux and Apache, software bundle, parts of LAMP.
6) FreeBSD or Windows based solutions.
Two types of implementations for shared web hosting services –
1) IP based
Our website gets connected via IP address used by the server to identify which website should be shown to the visitor.
We will have to use our own SSL certificate instead of using a shared certificate.
2) Name based
This is also known as shared IP hosting.
Your website with its host names will be shared with a common IP address.
Services provided by the shared web hosting provider
Unlimited Free Space
Money – Back Guarantee
1) Cost: The is the main advantage of shared hosting is the cost. Shared hosting is very affordable.
2) Unlimited Space and Domains: many of Shared Hosts provides unlimited space and unlimited domains. You can add a number of websites to the same hosting package and can host all sites under the same account.
3) Ease of Use: Shared hosts usually have one click installs for several platforms like Joomla and word press.
1) Slow Speed: Major disadvantage of Shared hosting is that it is slowest of all hosting types. Speed is important as it affect user experience and SEO.2) Least Reliable: Shared hosting is the least reliable of all hosting types. Several hosts are more reliable than others but with shared hosting we normally have thousands of accounts on one server increasing the chances of server issues.