Cloud Computing- Storing Information on Internet
Cloud computing is a medium through which we can access any application as the utility over the internet.It gives us the permission to create ,configure manipulate and customize the application online.
Instead of keeping the data on your own hard disk and updating the application according to your own needs,you use the internet to store your information and use application on the another location. Cloud services allows to use the hardware and software at the remote location that is managed by the third party.
Example of cloud services includes online file storage, social networking sites, webmail, and online buisness application.
Basic concept :-
There are some models that is working behind the scene to make services of the cloud more feasible
1. Deployment models
2. Service models
Deployment models:- This type of model define the type of access to the cloud. Cloud can have four types of access public, private, hybrid, community.
Public cloud allows the services to be easily accessible to general public. This type of cloud may be less secure due to its openness.
Private cloud allows the services to be accessible within an organization. This type of cloud is more secure due to its private nature.
Hybrid cloud is the mixture of public and private cloud. Critical activities are handled by private cloud on the other hand non critical activities are handled with public cloud.
Community cloud allows the system and services to be accessible by a group of organizations:
Services Models:-Service models are the reference model on which the cloud computing is based.There are three basic services models.
1. Infrastructure as a service:-This model provides the access to fundamental resources like physical machine , virtual storage ,virtual machines etc.
2. Platform as a service:-This model provides the runtime environment for the development and deployment tools.
3. Software as a service:-This model allows to use the software application as a services to the end users.
Benefits of cloud computing::
1. One can access the application as the utilities over the internet.
2. Manipulation and configuration can be done online at any time.
3. It does not require to install any software to access the cloud application.
4. Cloud resources provides the platform independent access to the any type of client.
5. Cloud computing is highly cost effective. It just requires an internet connection.
6. Cloud computing also balance the load.
There also exist some risks in cloud computing. Some of them are:
1. Security and Privacy: Since the data management and the infrastructure management is handled by the third party, it is always a risk to handover the sensitive information to the providers.
2. Lock-In: It is very difficult for a customer to switch from one service provider to another which result in a dependency on a particular provider.
3. Insecure or incomplete data deletion: It may happen that the data requested for the deletion may not get deleted.It happens because extra copies are stored.