What is cPanel Hosting?
What is cPanel?
A UNIX based web hosting control panel, which simplifies the web hosting through automation tools and user interface. cPanel with three-level architecture enables web developers, administrator and resellers with easy management of their website.In addition to graphical user interface, cPanel has the functionalities of API based and command line system through which you can allow web hosting service providers and developers to have standard administrative system.
CPANEL has a functionality to work as virtual private server or as a dedicated server. You can install it on an operating systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and centOS. You can use Enkompass as windows version of cPanel.
Features of cPanel
- Domain Management: A unique feature which you can host single or multiple domains for each account.
- Sub Domain Management: Enable you to create many variations in primary domain name.
- Bandwidth: Allocate optimum bandwidth for each hosting plan.
- Spam Assassin: You can reduce the spam using cPanel’s spam assassin tool.
- Forwards and Aliases: Mapping of the external email addresses is made easy using forward and aliases function of cPanel.
- Auto responders: cPanel helps you manage and create auto response via auto responders.
- Mailing list: If you like sending email and newsletters to a large group of people, mailing lists offered by cPanel serves your purpose.
- Box Trapper: This is again aa unique functionality provided by cPanel through which non authentic email senders need to reply to verification email before their email lands in your inbox, thus saving it from getting spammed.
- POP3/IMAP account: cPanel allow you to create and manage POP3 and IMAP account giving you the flexibility of access.
- Mail client configuration: Enable you with automatic configuration of email details.
- MySQL 5 w/phpMyAdmin: Enable you to create databases and control user permissions through MySQL.
- PostgreSQL w/phpPgAdmin: Aids you to create the databases and control user permissions with PostgreSQL.
- Remote MySQL control: External web server can access your database by updating their names in the host list by using MySQL control.
- Website Statistics: cPanel had a feature called webalizer, which makes your website’s traffic statistics readily available.
- Raw Access logs: With raw access log you will be able to know which content is being browsed on your website.
- Bandwidth statistics: Enable you see the information related to the usage of bandwidth.
- File Management: cPanel assist you with management of your website related files direct from your PC.
- FTP: cPanel allow you to access website related files through File Transfer Protocol (FTP), you will need to log in via a third party program though.
- Anonymous FTP control: If require you can give your FTP’s free access to all the users for file download.
- Backups: Download a zip file of your entire website or any part of your website. Note that these back ups are manually performed. Appropriate admin permission is being required for scheduling auto backups.
- Disk Space usage: Unlike all the other platforms, cPanel shows you the disk usage for all the databases and account directories.
- Logaholic statistics: Did you evered wanted to know how the visitors are using your site? Logaholic statistics is the right tool to know it.
- File Manager: Web hosting accounts can be hosted through file manager.
- ssh/Shell Access: This feature allowed remote connectivity to your server.
- Hotlink Protection: With this unique features your bandwidth remains intact reducing bandwidth stealing instances.
- Leech Protection: Sharing password publicly can be restricted using this security feature of cPanel.