Unix network operating system is designed to handle high levels of network traffic and process thousands of requests and users simultaneously while keeping system secure. Web hosting server is described by A i.e thousands of visitors are being server simultaneously.
Due to this reason, unix hosting is perfect choice for Internet organizations, government and educational sectors. Common Unix server included with Apache Web Server, MySql, Php and Perl all of these users can administer using cpanel.
Why to choose Unix Web Hosting?
- Stability: There are number of many factors but to name couple of big ones, a Unix web hosting handles high load on server better than Windows based machines. Unix based hosting needs less to reboot whereas Windows based hosting need constantly to reboot. Unix based servers enjoy high uptime and high reliability/availability.
- Performance: There is a debate about which Unix based operating system perform better, so that’s why Unix is superior to Windows.
- Scalability: Websites change over time. This start off grow and small as needs of an organization or person running grow more. While Unix and Windows based platforms adapt to the growing needs, Windows based hosting is much more compatible with Unix based programming language MySql and PHP.
Unix based software not always is 100% compatible with Microsoft based technologies like VB.Net and .Net development.
- Compatibility: Websites programmed and designed to be server under Unix based server can be easily hosted on Windows based server, whereas reverse is not true. This programming for Unix is better choice.
- Price: Web servers hosted on required operating system just like everyone. Windows and other applications like SQL Server cost significant amount of money, but on the other hand Linux is free operating system to download, installation and operation. Windows based web hosting results in being more expensive choice.